July 14, 2009

kate towers . . .

. . . is an incredible designer! i love her collection of beautiful dresses. if i could i would wear a dress every day; this has been a desire since childhood. kate towers designed exaclty the dresses that i always wished to wear. she is a self-taught designer in portland, or (katetowers.com), and some day i hope to create what she can create.


i absolutely love this white dress. as a young girl i was very fond of the movie polyanna and this dress reminds me of her. i would try to make my own dresses that would resemble that of pollyanna. i am excited to see that i still have that little girl in me.

this yellow dress would make a perfect wedding dress. wearing a white dress was not of importance to me, and i just did not come across the dress that i loved, so when i came across kate towers after my wedding, and i wish i had seen this dress earlier.












i made my own wedding dress, and it turned out so much better than i could have ever imagined for myself! the wedding preparation was a wonderful experience for me, and i am sure that the experience of making my own weding dress, added even more excitement for the big day. i wish i could have a wedding every few years, so that i could make my own dresses over and over again!




tracie faust photography traciefaust.com

No comments: